Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tigers,Pandas,and Wolves Oh my!!!

All that we did that morning was drive to the Victory and  we picked up the other familly.{ There was a eight year girl named Annie that saved me from bordum} We had to drive for about an hour to get to the safari Park.  

When we got there we waited a long, long, long,{long} time while Helen bought our tickets.  Then, we walked by the pelicans which I ran to see.  We waited in line for the "Safari on Wheels" where we were able to see a bunch of animals.  We saw deer, yaks, rams, camels, tigers, elephants, gazels, wolves, white tigers, golden tigers, regular tigers, giraffes, emus, zebras, and Mommy!

After we finished the "Safari on Wheels" we walked around for a while.  We saw pandas, red pandas (firefoxes), and elephants.  I fed tigers with a bucket of meat and elephants with some bananas.  I would throw the bananas to the elephants who would eat them whole! 

One of the most interesting things about the park is that half of the world's population of white tigers lives in the Guangzhou Safari Park, about 150.  They have a very successful tiger breeding program and we got to see a bunch of tiger cubs of various ages.

Inside the safari park is an amusement park.  My friend, Annie, and I took Johnathan on a merry-go-round.  It was his first time.  He loved it!  Afterwards, Annie and I took a ride in the park that pulls you up and drops you down.  When I got off, I swore I would not do a ride like that again, until I'm a man.



We left the amusement park and headed towards the exit to the safari park.  As we were leaving we passed a river full of fish.  There were also monkies fishing in the river, but I missed them because I was amazed at all of the fish.  We hopped in the van and headed back to our hotel after an exciting day! 

4 comments:

  1. I thought you were a man?

    -Lolo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very full and fun day at the safari park when you finally got there. We liked that park alot, we fed the giraffes. I think we saw those same tigers but they were little babies, about the size of a big kitty. That was 2 years ago, my how they have grown! I don't like those kinds of rides either, and I am a grown up, not a man, but you know what I mean.

    Were you so bored that morning that you wish you were at school???? Cuz if you were, I might need to worry about you! Have some more fun while you are on the other side of the world, and thank you for sharing your day.

    Sue Arlie Jia and Juni

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had been so long since you last blogged I thought maybe a bear ate you!!! Thank goodness you are OK.

    I think it is funny that an Annie once again came to your rescue.

    See you in a couple of days!

    Love

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great blog Jack. I liked reading about all the animals and seeing the pictures. Thanks. Love, Gran

    ReplyDelete