Thursday, October 27, 2011

Buddha Mountain

Today we had breakfast at the hotel buffet and I had a big breakfast... again :)  I was famous at breakfast... all of the waitresses wanted to have their picture taken with me.  They took about a thousand pictures each!

Ms. Tang picked us up at 9:30 and we went to buy a stroller.  Then we went to the bottom of Cloud Dragon Mountain.  We climed up to the temple.  At first I thought that she had just gone to pray that none of us would fall off the top of the mountain.  But, then I figured out that the temple was on the mountain and we were actually climbing it when we were climbing the temple steps.  I saw alot of Buddha statues.  They were big and there were like 30 of them.



When we got to the big Buddha at the top (which was the last part of the temple) the priest gave me and Johnathan the apples that had been given to the Buddha.  He was bald.


When we left the Buddha temple Mommy bought a souvenier to keep our car safe.  Then we went further up the mountain and I climbed up the rocks all the way up.  When we got to the top Ms. Tang told us that we were the first foreign guests she has had who made it all the way to the top.  There were alot of steps!


After the mountain we went out to lunch at a local Xuzhou restaraunt.  I had chicken soup, tacos with fried noodles (they were not really tacos but they looked like it), and celery.  Then we went to take a walk around the lake.  We passed 3 bridges on the walk.  I thought I saw a snake once and I thought I saw an alligator once but I didn't.




After that we went to a market.  We walked around and saw the food.  Ms. Tang (very nicely!) bought me some fried noodles, sugarcane, and giant pancakes (that look like tortillas).




Then we went back to the hotel and got stuff from the tea service.  It was a good day!

4 comments:

  1. Jack, you are like doing the best job ever blogging! Maybe you could make your own business travelling with families and being their bloggy guy, now that would be a super fun job!! You are sure having lots of fun there in Xuzhou, and you are right, Ms Tang is so nice. It looks like you had a nice visit at the orphanage, we got to see that boy Max, his momma is coming soon, I hope she has lots of energy, right!

    I am so glad you got to go to China and get your brother, you will have lots of talks later, he can ask you questions and you guys can share all these cool memories and pictures. It is really special that you are with him now.

    Have lots more good days!

    Sue, Arlie, Jia and Juni (are loving your stories)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and starting to feel better. Johnathon looks very happy to be around you. What lucky boys! I cannot wait to hear about your trip the next time I see you. And...your blog is awesome!
    -Love, Lolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job writing Jack. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jack, you have been busy. Sounds like a great time. Keep up the great writing. I feel like I am sharing your trip with you with the picture and stories and your food descriptions.

    Keep it up!!!

    Love

    Papa

    ReplyDelete