Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Great Wall and Summer Palace

We went on a tour of the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. We had to wake up at 5:00. We had a nice breakfast, until our tout guide, Helen, came to our hotel.  We got in the van and then headed to pick up eight other people.  Once we finally had everyone, we headed to the Summer Palace.  I slept a little on the way.

We saw the Marble Boat and several "guard" animals.  We took a lot of pictures and my camera battery went out twice.  When we left we headed to a jade factory to learn about jade and have lunch.  When we were going in and leaving there was this hairy thing in a bowl of water.  I thought that it was alive, but it was really a toy called a "Beaver Ball".

We left and headed to the Great Wall.  It took about 20 minutes.  We had to stand in a really long to get to the cable cars.  After we got into the place we saw how fast the cable cars go.  Mommy and I were a little bit scared.  We made it and had a great time climbing on the Great Wall.  We got to climb in one of the guard towers.  It was really steep in some places.  We ended climbing at about 3:30 and headed back to meet Helen.  We went back down the cable cars and rode down facing backwards.  Going up forwards ended up being scarier than riding down facing backwards.  I wanted to buy a souvenir and asked Helen to help.  She ended up buying me a medal made out of jade and gold with my name and the date on it.

We got back in the van and started driving to a Tea House.  I slept most of the ride there.  On the way there we passed the Birds Nest Stadium and Aqua Cube.  I didn't drink much tea because I was not feeling well.  Once we were done at the tea house we got back in the van and started dropping everyone off.  When we got back we headed up to the lounge and got chocolate and fruit.  Then we went downstairs for dinner.  Mommy had a steak sandwich (no bread) and I had a burger.  After all of that we went upstairs and passed out in our beds!





7 comments:

  1. Tell your mom we are really proud of her riding the cable car! We remember how scared she was at Stone Mountain last summer! Your blog is awesome! Bennett and April will be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you beat mommy up the slope.You don't even look tired. I hope you are feeling better now. Chocolate and fruit always make me feel better. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Johnathan to come. I hope you are having fun. Good job climbing the wall.
    Your brother Ben (my name is the shortest)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job climbing the wall. Looks like you left your dad in the dust. Love, Gran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of you pointing with your big mount open. Just like you.

    A little more than half way through the race...not good for your boy, in the garage. Involved in a wreck. Harvick involved as well.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jack! I am so glad to read your blog. It looks like you're having fun! I am sorry to hear you are not feeling that great. But hopefully, that will pass soon.

    I am sure Johnathan will love you when you finally meet today!

    Thinking of you all.
    XO
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the blog posts coming-I read your mom's blog and am so excited you are there to bring Jonathan home too! Thinking about you and your family!

    ReplyDelete